For a few weeks after that, I was feeling more adventurous and wanted a statement pink color, so I hied off to MAC again, this time, in quest of Girl About Town. This was a permanent shade so I was crestfallen to learn that while it was permanent, it was not for Southeast Asia release. I had to come home with something and so I said to heck with it and got Pink Nouveau.
Until one day, when I tried applying just one coat of lipstick. I was in love, without reservations. With two coats, it looked so flashy but with just a thin layer, it was still a girly-girl pink but warmer and less OTT.
|That's my Wonder Boy: which is why this blog is called "The Kikay Mom" and not "The Kikay Girl" :)|
- Pretty color
- Satin finish means longer wear
- Nice vanilla scent (no taste though);
- Applies smoothly
- Can be layered for intensity, if you want a more neon look
- Can be drying for some
- Emphasizes dry patches on lips, if you have any
- Can make teeth look gray or yellow
- May be too cool for some skin tones
- MAC lipsticks sell for P1000 locally, so may be too pricey for some, especially if you compare with US prices (only around P600-700 in the States)
Will I repurchase? Probably, but I really am fickle when it comes to lipstick repurchases.
Do you have MAC Pink Nouveau? What colors do you wear it with? Do share!