Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beauty Confession: I can never have enough lip balm

I have lots of lip balm tubes. In fact, I don't recall ever being able to finish one. I carry them around when I'm home (and then often forget where I left them), I always keep some in my bag, and always in my train case. I skip moisturizer and sunblock (bad, I know!) but I swipe on lip balm after washing my face or taking a bath.
Half of the gang is somewhere around the house...
My favorites lip balms: Avon's Simply Pretty Jelly Belly lolly lip balm (love how it subtly enhances the color of my lips) and Estee Lauder lip conditioner (because it's packaged just like a lipstick bullet).

I don't buy popular lip balms like Kiehl's, Jack Black or Lucas Papaw because they are expensive locally and my lips do well enough on the more affordable ones so I just save my money for other beauty treats. I stock up when Avon puts Jelly Belly on sale. However, I have always wanted to own a tub of MAC tinted lip balm-- if you give me one, I surely won't refuse  :)

Off topic anecdote: One time, my son the Wonder Boy swiped on one of my lip balms without me knowing. I only found out later when I used it, and noticed that it felt gritty. Turns out that the gritty bits were chicharon (pork rind) crumbs!

What's your favorite lip balm? Any lemmings? Do share!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Soo much lip balm! I was also in search of a good and affordable lip balm. Good thing I saw your blog. :)

    Thanks!
    -elgee
    http://beautychroniclesofelgee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this one! I used to have so many tubes of lipbalms. It's so hard to finish a tube, since you tend to buy a new one when it fancies you - which is very often! Lalo na pag super mura and amoy candy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Helen! I know you ARE a fellow lipbalm junkie, lol. Right now I need something even more moisturizing. If you have any recommendations, do let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...