Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beauty confession: Foundation Color Matching

There was a time when I insisted on wearing pink-tinged foundation shades on my very Asian skin. In my naivete, I actually thought that foundation was like eyeshadow in that you should pick the color that you want your skin to look like.No wonder I looked so chalky! Also, whenever I wore foundation, it looked so unnatural rather than flattering.

It took me a while to realize that even though I had relatively light skin tones, I had warm yellow undertones!
I'm so yellow! How could I have missed that?
How about you, do you have any beauty confessions you would like to share?

3 comments:

  1. recently i read a blog post on how to know if you have warm or cool undertone. You can tell by the hue of your veins daw. If it looks blue, you have cool undertone and if it's in a shade of green then you're warm. That would have solved my dilemma in choosing my perfect shade of red lipstick if only I am not color blind. I can't tell if my veins are green or blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Denise! That technique is pretty useful. LOL, you're a great fashion blogger so I wouldn't really say your color-blind. Maybe ask for a second opinion? On the other hand, if you can't tell between warm or cool, maybe you're a neutral! If so, lucky you.

    Thanks for visiting, drop by from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D! For me it was the other way round: I have a cool, pinky-red undertone and I kept trying on foundation with a warm undertone. Unfortunately, in the place where I live, we only get cool toned foundations for the lighter skin tones and not for the deeper ones :-(. Perpetual problem. I have a post on undertones on my blog (The Brown Side Of Life) as well. Do read it if you get the time. And thanks for your comment on one of my blog posts. I was intrigued to see this post of yours on undertones as it is not a subject that many beauty blogs pay attention to. Also, it's great to see that there are other mommies like me juggling taking care of a child with blogging. TC!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...