Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Kikaymom Find: Ellana Angled Kabuki Brush


It’s no secret that I love Ellana’s mineral foundation (click here for review). With my skin acting up lately plus me having to wear makeup a little more frequently, I really needed something that will give good coverage while still letting my skin breathe. And so, I ended up putting away my MAC Studio Fix and using up my entire stash of Ellana French Vanilla in Perfect Blend.

A good thing too, because as it turns out, their Intensive Blend is actually much more suited for oily skin types like mine. I just had Perfect Blend before because when I shopped online on their website, I failed to see the distinction between the two formulas. Perfect Blend was actually for normal/combination skin. I was also glad that this time around, refills were available. And so, for 6g of product, I only had to pay P295 instead of P425, quite a savings for just reusing my old tub with the rotating sifter.

When I headed over to their West Avenue showroom to buy the refill, I also got to see that they had new makeup brushes in stock. Now I already have flat top and conventional kabuki brushes, but I still didn’t have an angled one so this baby came home with me:

(Scroll after the pictures to know what I thought)







The Ellana angled kabuki brush was only P350. The simple silver ferrule and black handle is reminiscent of MAC brushes. As for the bristles, they were dense and very soft upon my initial handling—two things which make them ideal for mineral makeup application. When I washed it, I didn’t notice any shedding.
It now has been about three weeks since I bought this angled kabuki and I am loving it. It feels soft on the face, and the length of the handle gives just the right amount of control.

Plus Points:
·         Does not shed
·         Dense and soft bristles
·         Simple and elegant looking
·         Has a hefty feel which makes it seem more expensive
·         Feels soft on the face
·         Not too expensive


Minus Points:
·         None for now.

·         Will I repurchase this? Well, not this specific one but the other kabuki brushes from Ellana, maybe.
Because kabuki brushes are denser and tend to get a lot of use, great finds like this one are always welcome to my collection. At just P350, there’s no more reason why you shouldn’t have your own, especially since kabukis make a lot of difference in base makeup application.

Where to Buy? You can order online at their website, go to The Ramp at Trinoma (and other malls) or at their sales office in 66 West Avenue, QC.

PS: This is out of topic but I’m just glad that the loose powder blushes from Ellana now also come in jars with rotating sifters. I actually have three tubs that I just have away because I found them too messy to use. The rotating sifters may just change the game for me—pondering on whether or not to get some the next time I haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...